Monday 15 March 2010

Its the little things that count

My daughter turned 11 yesterday and her request was to go for a chinese meal. Our favourite place is Sweet Basil near York, and we always have a lovely meal there, plus the staff are friendly and the customer service is always good.

As we arrived they greeted my daughter by name and wished her a happy birthday, and tied a birthday balloon to her chair. They brought a special starter, compliments of the chef, for us all. Once our main course was finished they brought her a pudding (scoop of ice cream with chocolate sauce) complete with a sparkler and candle and played happy birthday (to which the rest of the staff and customers joined in!). They even took a photo of her with the cake, printed it, and presented it with a card.

Some lovely touches which made her feel very special. I'm sure not many restaurants go to this extent but it really is a simple thing which can make a big difference (and will envcourage us to go back).

Its made me think about the little ways I can make my patients feel special, I have a few ideas which I hope to bring to the practice soon.

No comments: