Monday 27 October 2008

Lucious Lips?


Trinny and Susannah were on the TV last week promoting their latest programme or book or something. The reason I can't remember is that I was mesmerised by Trinny's lips. Looking at photos (she's the one on the right) she does seem to have a naturally large lower lip, but both upper and lower lips looked abnormally large, the natural assumption being she has had them "done". Perhaps she just had the wrong shade of lippy on?

It got me thinking about how important the lips are to your look. When planning how to straighten teeth I take into account the shape, size and position of the lips and how they relate to the face and teeth. If I move the teeth the lips could change as a side effect, although it is difficult to predict precisely. This can have good or bad effects, such as subtly thickening the lips, or making the top lip "sink" into the face. It means that what is right for one person might not be for another. It means that I take each case separately, taking into account perhaps more than the reason treatment is sought in the first place. It means that each person gets an individual plan which is designed just for them.

No comments: