Monday 28 March 2011

Success at the Smile Awards 2011

The 2011 Smile Awards were held on Friday and I travelled down to London with dental nurses Carly-Ann and Lisa. We got glammed up for the ceremony at the posh Royal Garden Hotel (I met Carol Vorderman while checking in!), have a look at the pictures on Facebook to see our frocks.

Although there are several dental industry awards over the course of the year these are the only ones to judge treated cases, they do this anonymously and reward true clinical excellence. Just making the shortlist is an achievement in itself, I was shortlisted for two categories, Orthodontic Smile Fixed Appliances and Orthodontic Smile Removable Appliances, along with some well known orthodontists and dentists.

Although I didn't get an award for the Fixed Braces category I was awarded Highly Commended for my Removable Appliance entry. In a later blog I'll share the pictures of Katherine who I treated using Invisalign. I always do my best to get not just a good-looking result but a technically great orthodontic result as well, so I am delighted to have this recognised in such prestigious awards.

There really was an amazing array of smile transformations on display, from orthodontics to veneers and implants to a full facial reconstruction following severe trauma. There are some talented dentists, surgeons and and technicians out there and I was delighted to see some fellow northern dentists getting awards, congratulations to all my shortlisted and winning colleagues.

After two years of Highly Commended I will be back next year hoping to go one better and get a trophy!

No comments: