Wednesday 12 May 2010

Families

Its amazing how often orthodontics can become a family affair.

This week I have completed treatment for the second brother in a family of three, and hope to see the youngest brother soon. I've treated quite a lot of siblings, sometimes at the same time, sometimes separate. I have also treated three sets of identical twins so far, perhaps unsurprisingly with almost identical treatment!

Sometimes the family dynamics are a bit different. Hannah was one of the first patients I treated at Wetherby Orthodontics. Last year I completed treatment for her mum. This week I started treatment for her brother Tom. We're just wondering if dad needs any treatment then we can have a full set!

I am always very pleased when parents bring younger siblings for treatment as it is a great compliment to be trusted with the whole family. To make it a bit easier for parents we do offer a "sibling discount" of 10% for concurrent treatments or 5% for subsequent treatments.

No comments: